Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Pot Pie

This is one of the few dishes I make that I just throw together quick and bake.  I prefer to use fewer processed ingredients, but we all need a go-to dish for when we are tired.  This is one of those dishes.  Besides being almost effortless, my kids will eat this with all of the veggies packed in it and my hubby enjoys it even though he detests store-bought pot pies.

Ingredients:

2 (9-inch) unbaked pie shells
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of potato soup (or other cream soup)
1/3 cup milk
2 cups cooked, chopped turkey meat
1 (15 oz) can mixed vegetables, drained (I buy the mixed kind with potatoes, like Veg-All)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place one pie crust in an ungreased pie dish.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the soup and milk.  Stir in turkey and vegetables.  Pour the mixture into the pie crust in dish.  Top with the other pie crust and seal* the edges.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.







I forgot to buy cream of potato soup, so cream of chicken is pictured.  Feel free to substitute according to your taste or whatever you have on hand.







*As you can see, I don't crimp the edges.  This is my "lazy mom" dish, remember?  Keep it simple! 

No comments:

Post a Comment